Gallery 205 Endeavours to: Offer a range of highly specialized original works of art; Maintain a roster of both prominent senior as well as most promising emerging artists, and develop itself as a leader in fostering art appreciation within the community; Collaborate with other artists and organizations to make Hamilton a thriving supportive art friendly community; Create fertile gather spaces welcoming artists and art appreciators; We are especially interested in bringing art and knowledge to youth and community groups who may not have access to traditional forms of art...
ATTENTION HAMILTON & BAY AREA SCULPTORS
The Gallery 205 is happy to announce we are the home-base to the new Hamilton Ontario Sculptors Guild.
Hamilton Sculptors’ Guild welcomes new members including sculptors of all skill levels, and others interested in sculpture. The Guild embraces creators at all levels of skill and expertise who produce three dimensional visual art intended for exhibition. We invite public planners, architects, lovers of public space and its embodiment in three dimensional form, stone masons, landscape architects, collectors, patrons, YOU.
Public art is mushrooming across the region. Neighbourhoods, waterfronts and parks wait to be transformed with imaginative sculpted forms. Our dream is to transform wastelands into wonderlands of imagination. It is a welcome public planning initiative. We seek to raise the profile of local sculptors including indigenous artists and to contribute to the renaissance of public art in our region. We are local, but national and international in our scope and vision. The Guild’s mandate is to serve our community of sculptors in the Golden Horseshoe and act as a catalyst in the growth of art in public and private spaces. Our vision is to become the regional hub for the flourishing of sculptural arts in the Greater Hamilton Area. We seek to partner with like minded organizations and individuals.
What better time to form a coalition of sculptors to share best practices and offer a bit of collaborative support along the path. We’ll put together exhibitions, workshops, mine knowledge and discover funding opportunities. A few of us have been meeting and feel the time is just right to begin. So, to all sculptors/clay potters/stone architects and friends of art in public space come join our round table discussions.
- We are social artists who serve the dawning of a renewed city of Hamilton.
- We believe that artists and creativity are catalysts of this renewal;
- We connect a wide spectrum of artists into a single centre where collaboration rather than competition rules;
- The Cannon 205 collective consists of a strong corroboration of highly skilled and artistically talented, self motivated yet single minded professionals; they are a carefully choreographed group of well established and non-traditional individuals and organizations which gravitate around the central arts and media hub located at Cathcart and Cannon in Hamilton at their Gallery 205.
- We are a group of like-minded artists and entrepreneurs who believe that creativity has the power to change lives. We welcome and support innovators, visionaries and creators of new forms of society, community;
- We collect and honour powerful communicators in diverse range of media;
- We are agents of change, and take responsibility for improving the communities we live in;
- We bring together collaborative networks and teaching/learning communities;
- We foster nonlinear, partnership forms of organization;
- We promote lifetime learning in a wide range of fields, thus we are teachers and educators.
- We value deep resonant listening, authentic communication, finding common ground, and mediating differences between individuals and groups;
- We value intuition and are able to perceive the complex dynamics within a changing local/global culture, and to identify new trends emerging from apparent chaos;
- We are skilled in the art of timing – waiting until the appropriate forces are converging to take action – and identifying those areas where a little amount of effort results in huge shifts;
- We value sustainable local creative economies;